Friday, May 4, 2012

Matched: Ally Condie

I've been reading a lot of dystopian novels lately, and I saw this book on a book list, so I downloaded it for my Nook and decided to read it.


Looking at the book it, looked like that normal young adult book, and I wasn't sure what to think.  I read that back cover, not really expecting much out of it.  The story starts out the night of Cassia and her best friend Xander's Match Banquet.  In this society, they don't get to choose who they will marry, it's all picked out by The Society. She of course gets matched with someone perfect for her, but then when she goes to view her match's data, it's not her match's face that shows up, but someone else. Dun DUN DUNNNNN.
I liked it, but it wasn't completely capturing to me.  But it did keep me curious, so I kept reading....and reading. I think Condie really did a good job keeping the reader questioning things.  Before one question was answered, there would be another question that would pop up. 

Characters to know:
Cassia: The main character, it's from her perspective. 
Xander: Cassia's best friend.
Ky:  A schoolmate of Cassia and Xander, who didn't always live in the society, which is extremely unorthodox in The Society.

This is my first book review, I'm not sure how these are supposed to be done, but if you'd like to see something more, just leave a comment.

No comments:

Post a Comment